Thursday, May 22, 2008

V for Vendetta

This week I have completed a lot. I was able to create a final outline and a paper proposal, complete with thesis. I believe that since I have already began my paper I will be on top of things and I will have more than enough time to work on all of the projects that must get done. Also last weekend I watched my movie that I needed to watch, V for Vendetta. I liked this movie very much and appreciated the various content that it gave me about dystopian movies. The movie begins by showing the various restrictions and corruption in citizens everyday life, from curfews to police who will take advantage of their power. The movie continues with V, the main character, blowing up a building as the beginning as his war against the government. V later goes into the news broadcast building where Evey works and displays his plan on the television screen in front of millions of people. When Evey helps him in escaping she must hide for fear of being captured and tortured by the government. Later on the war against the government comes to an end with the destruction of Parliament and millions of people wearing "V" masks and capes are there to watch.

No comments: