Thursday, May 15, 2008

Finally Finished

I was finally able to finish all of the books that I need to read. I completed A Clockwork Orange, and found it to be one of the most fascinating books that I have read in awhile. I am very pleased with the amount of quotes that I was able to find while reading A Clockwork Orange and I am prepared to use those quotes to my advantage when I begin writing the part of my paper about Alex and his droogs. Over the weekend I also worked on compiling my thesis and I was very pleased when I showed it to Mrs. Recine and it did not need revising or anything of the sort. I also created my paper proposal, which is similar to an outline and the quotes from my articles seemed to be sufficient in proving my thesis. Now I believe that I have finished creating my outline and I have begun to start putting together my thoughts and ideas in order to start my paper. I plan on starting my paper with a strong introduction and then continuing by defining exactly what a dystopia is and then using my various sources such as, 1984, A Clockwork Orange, and Brave New World to explain why writers write about dystopias, the historical context of it, and the influence it is meant to have on those who read it.

No comments: